Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Triangle Fold Medallion



I played along with yesterday's Technique Lover's Challenge on SCS, which was to create a triangle fold medallion. The medallion is made with four of the patterns from Stampin' Up's Haiku designer series paper, then layered onto a combination of three scalloped circles and a top-note die-cut. The flower center is an Old Olive felt flower with a silver circle brad to hold it in place. I stamped "Birthday Celebrations" from Upsy Daisy, then cut it out with a Spellbinders label die. The bottom lacy edge is done with a Martha Stewart border punch.

Before I go, I'd love to share some recent goodies I've received. A few weeks ago, I posted about using the retired Cranberry Crisp card stock so much, and wondered what I'll do when I run out. Would you believe a pack of Cranberry Crisp card stock and a spool of stitched ribbon showed up in my mailbox a few days later from the amazingly sweet, talented, fellow dirty girl Jessie Rone? It was such a thoughtful and unexpected surprise it brought tears to my eyes! And now I don't have to worry about running out for that much longer. As if that weren't enough, she included this most darling card EVER:



Then, last week, another beautiful surprise from Heather Rolin of H&M Stamps:



Arent those angels the sweetest? Heather is such an amazing artist. Check out the adorable images she has at H&M Stamps!

I have one more beautiful RAK from last week, plus some overdue birthday RAKS from September, but I'll post those on another day!
Thanks for visiting,



Stamps: Upsy Daisy (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, More Mustard card stock; Haiku designer paper (all SU!)
Ink: Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, So Saffron
Accessories: circle brad, felt flower, silver brads, paper piercer, dimensionals, sponge daubers, Top Note Sizzix die (SU!); scalloped Nestabilities and label die (Spellbinders); Martha Stewart lace border punch; Saffron grosgrain (Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts); Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder
Size: 5 1/4" square

27 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

Gorgeous card Amy...I love it!! Thanks for showing my card, you are the sweetest!!

Anonymous said...

Amy, those cards are fab-u-lous!! That triangle fold card is absolutely stunning!
--Becca

Linda Carson said...

Gorgeous eye-candy!

Kelley said...

AWESOME!!! Love it!!!!

Kathy Jones said...

Oh WOW!!! Amy, your talent is amazing!! This card is absolutely STUNNING, my jaw hit the ground when I saw it!!!!

What a wonderful RAK to receive and Jessie is so sweet to think of you! I keep seeing the generousity of stampers to each other, it's a wonderful thing!

Jackie Pedro said...

Your card is drop dead gorgeous! Stampers are the best!!

Anonymous said...

amy your card is fantastic, love the triangle fold, the card looks so elegant. thanks for sharing. hugs Renee

Kay's Creative Corner said...

Amy, Your cards are AMAZING!!!

Michelle said...

Wow!! Your card is gorgeous ~~ I'll have to check out that technique. And what thoughtful friends you have!! The RAKs are both adorable!

Kristie said...

That card is just GORGEOUS!!! I am tempted to try it out myself, seeing how yours is so beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh Amy These cards are incredible. that top one!!!!!???? I mean the work!!!!

Unknown said...

Amy I love your card today. It is simply beautiful. The RAK you received are simply gorgeous as well. SOunds like you have great cyber friends. TFS!

Linda said...

Any, I can't believe what my eyes are seeing!! THIS IS AMAZING!! I printed out the instructions and must try this this week-end when I'm off work. This will be challenge worth taking time for.
Linda L Bien (SCS name)
www.hugsincluded.blogspot.com

JanTink said...

I am GOBSMACKED!!! That is one dang GOJUS card!

Cassie said...

your card blows me away!! i always love your blog and all the details you put on your cards!

Cazzy said...

I love your medallion card, and you have some great friends too!

Julia Aston said...

I love the colors on your medallion card and fun framing of it - and what great cards from Jessie and Heather - both are just lovely - how fun to get these in the mail!

Nancy said...

Your card is gorgeous! That medallion is perfect. Love the colors.

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful design Amy, I must try this sometime!! LOVE the fun RAKS, you are such a lucky girl!!

Jennifer :)

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Stun-ner. I can't believe that card. WOW! Aren't stampers the nicest people on the planet? Just the fact that you were touched by the gesture almost brought ME to tears...I'm a sap, what can I say? LOL! TFS, Amy!

Brandi

Stampvanwinkle said...

What a beautiful card. It is just gorgeous. Friends are indeed a blessing form heaven.

Jami said...

So many wonderful gorgeous layers!!! Stunning!!
hugs, Jami

June Houck said...

You have been a busy girl. Gorgeous cards, Miss Amy!

Anonymous said...

Simply gorgeous - Amy!!! I just love stopping by and enjoy your fab creations!!!

Angel said...

your card is just beautiful (duh, always is!)!!!

Renee said...

Wow! More wonderful cards! I love every one of them!

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, your triangle fold card is beautiful. Love the colors of those papers. TFS
scrappingnana4ATyahooDOTcom