Friday, December 19, 2008

Two CASEs and a Friday Funny

I used scraps from these cards and CASE'd this card to crank out two more Christmas cards for my oldest son's teachers. I really, really love these blue and green papers from K&Co's Christmas Cheer pack! Here they are:





And the inside:





Have you seen the Anita Renfroe Mom's Overture? It's been circulating for a while, but here's another take on the original that's worth a look (especially if you missed the original). Thanks to my friend Sandra for emailing a link to this blog post with the new video.


The Mom Song from Northland Video on Vimeo.

[By the way, the video takes a LONG time to load (at least it does for me, and I have a decent high-speed connection), so be patient. Just when you think it's not working, it starts.]

That's it for me today. Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you manana for my regular Saturday SFYTT and OCCC challenges!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I LOVE the deep rich colors of this card. I loved the original one too, but these colors are my favorite - blues and greens. Love them both!!

ChristineCreations said...

oooo so pretty Amy. I LOVE that paper, so glad I bought it. Gorgeously rich creation!

Stacy Morgan said...

Both are beautiful Amy! The video is funny, I have seen it a few times. Its perfectly done.

Anonymous said...

These are both great!! I love the elegance!!

Michelle Tech said...

Beautiful cards! Love the colors! I always love your work.

Unknown said...

I LOVE the cards, and you're right. That paper is awesome! Of course, you worked magic with it!

LOVE The Mom Song! I am sending it to my best friend right now! LOL!

Michelle said...

Love the cards, I also love those colors together. That video is hilarious, thanks so much for sharing. I've never seen it before!! If I don't talk to you have a Merry Christmas!!

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful cards with such rich papers!! Love the video too!

Jami said...

Love these colors Amy - what amazing cards you made from scraps!! And thanks for the newer version of the video...I'd seen it long ago, but this version is even better!
hugs, Jami

marcyh said...

This is why Mrs. B and Mr. H did NOT get handmade cards from me ;-) Beautiful...love the colors.

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty, the card looks great in these colors too, like the decorative edge too!

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty, the card looks great in these colors too, like the decorative edge too!

Marisa said...

Absolutely LOVE those cards, Amy. They are gorgeous!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

THese are STUNNING!! You are so amazing!!

Linda Beeson said...

Wow, that dark green is just plain stunning!!! Wonderful card.

Anonymous said...

These cards are to die for! I totally adore them.

Wildärtan said...

Oh such a lovely card!! Gorgeous!
Bless you!