Friday, August 20, 2010

For You, Great Friend

Did you all like that clean-and-simple detour yesterday? I thought I'd give you a totally different look at the same stamp set as yesterday, Verve's new Great Friend. For this card, I used the same three flowers as yesterday, but this time I stamped them onto designer paper, cut them out, and layered them for dimension. I also distressed the flower layers with ink and crumpling. A totally different look -- love the versatility!

Join the Verve Divas tonight for our release party, beginning at 8 pm EST HERE in the Verve Forum. Hope to chat with some of you then! In the meantime, have a great Friday!



Stamps: Great Friend (Verve)
Paper: Papertrey Rustic Cream, 7Gypsies Gypsy Market dp
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Anique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Inks
Accessories: Making Memories (?) metal button/brad, May Arts burlap string, Melissa Frances trim, distressing tool, foam adhesive

21 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so gorgeous!!

Maureen said...

fabulous 180 on this today!!! Oh, can't wait for tonight :) I hope to see more of your yummy cards :)

Gabriela said...

Amy - Amy - Amy, what a perfect card! Your card took my breath away and I'm just swooning. Thank goodness I was sitting down when I opened your blog. You have such a way with paper and its always a true pleasure visiting your blog.

Stampvanwinkle said...

Oh Amy, this is so pretty and elegant. I love the colors.

eva said...

so romantic and tender

Naomi Thompson said...

That's gorgeous Amy it looks like a dried flower at first glance! Naomi :o)

Monique said...

Beautiful .. Love the warm colors, big blossom and distressed look :)

Oliwiaen said...

What a lovely vintage feel! Love it!!

Tanya said...

Oh my, this card took my breath away! I really love this!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

GASP! I loved your clean & simple modern look yesterday, but I just {heart} those distressed flowers and the absolutely adorable ruffled trim today. And to pull off both those styles so fabulously... well, you're nothing short of amazing, Amy!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

HappyCrafter said...

Wow, wouldn't have known it was the same flower! Love this card, the rich colours and that gorgeous lace.

Susie said...

Amazing talent, skill and creativity. Thank you for showing us the versatility of the new flower set. Again, beautiful.

kim.mom said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Unknown said...

Fabulous work Amy!!!! YOU are so versatile too! LOVE that flower.
Hugs Viv xxx

Bev J. said...

Great card-love the crumpled flower.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh how I love it, pretty papers, neat what you did with the flower and pretty touch of lace!

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful, Amy!

Lynne Phelps said...

I think I prefer this look with the flowers! Love all the warm colors and distressed texture! Lovely!

Corinne said...

particilèrement belle!!
bravo, j'adore tes réas c'est un plaisir pour les yeux
bises de la France

paula tracy williamson said...

sooooo pretty Amy!