Friday, October 1, 2010

Whimsical Snowflake

A while back, before the "real" Christmas papers began hitting the stores, I was playing around with Basic Grey's Oliver 6x6 collection to make some holiday cards. The red and green pieces are all scraps left from other projects. A quirky Christmas color combo with that gray background, but I'm sure I can find a quirky recipient for this one {wink}.

The snowflake and sentiment are from JustRite's Whimsical Christmas 2" Round Borders & Centers. In addition to the Oliver designer papers, I added a strip of ricrac that I die cut from sheet music. The Turquoise Wave Vintage Crochet Trim is by Maya Road, the silver pearls are from Michael's, and the dry embossing is with the Seeing Spots Cuttlebug folder. The snowflake is colored with Copic markers and accented with Stardust Stickles.

Have a happy Friday!

8 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Well, I love it if you call it quirky! The colors are just fantastic Amy...lovely layout too!

Unknown said...

I adore this card, Amy! And I could just be that quirky friend you were talking about! LOL! I agree with Christine about the FAB layout...love it!

Barbara said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love the layout and the colour combination!

Oliwiaen said...

A Christmas card in black - that's something I've never seen before - and I love it!

Becky said...

Beautiful card and a wonderful design.

Dawn Easton said...

I love the quirky, as you call it, card! It's beautiful! Very striking!

Crafty Cath said...

What vision! Love that you used your scraps...mine pile up on the side of my desk and love that you used a non-traditional color scheme. It's refreshing!

Jenn Diercks said...

I don't think the colors are quirky at all for Christmas. I think it's gorgeous!