Saturday, February 19, 2011

You're Simply Amazing


If there's such a thing as a busy season for moms, I'm smack dab in the middle of it! If you're reading this, thanks for not giving up on me this past week :) I've actually been spending a ton of time in my studio the past few days, too, but my time was all spent reorganizing and purging. I'm sure you crafty types can relate ... I have an obscene amount of stuff! I've made lots of improvements restoring order to the chaos that's been crushing my mojo, though, and am anxious to get crafty again. Hopefully without restoring the chaos {grin}, although I suspect the two are mutually exclusive for this crafter!

In the meantime, I have a card to share that I made a little while ago. This began as a project for Embellish Magazine's recent pub call (aqua, shades of orange, brown, and neutrals, plus ribbon), but I wasn't happy enough with the initial results to actually submit it. Maybe next time! And I can't wait to see all the projects that *did* get submitted and then accepted!

After letting it sit for a while, I spent a little time earlier this afternoon re-doing some of the components, and I'm liking it better now (but now the submissions deadline has looooong passed!). The sentiment is from JustRite's You Inspire Me set, as are the two beautiful doily-style frames. I stamped the sentiment in Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink and cut it into a circle with a Spellbinders circle die. It's popped up onto the smaller doily frame, which has been stamped in Stampin' Up's Dusty Durango, hand-trimmed and sponged. That layer is popped up onto the larger doily frame, which was stamped in Stampin' Up's Bermuda Bay, hand trimmed, and sponged. The two doily frames are accented with colored rhinestones -- Kaisercraft Aqua Rhinestones and Mark Richards orange rhinestones. Behind the two frames is a Tattered Angels chipboard frame that has also been inked around the edges.

Three little banner pieces adorn the top, along with a seam binding bow topped with an American Crafts/Dear Lizzy metal flower brad. Peeking out from behind the turquoise panel are a few layers of old book pages that have been torn and distressed. The polka dot ribbons are from Stampin' Up, the crochet trim is from Jo-Ann's (Wright's brand, maybe?), and the bottom curvy brown piece is a die-cut within the Devonshire paper pad, which is what I used throughout for the designer papers.


Thanks so much for visiting, and have a great weekend!



Stamps: You Inspire Me (Justrite Stamps)
Paper: Kaisercraft Devonshire pad, Papertrey Rustic White card stock
Ink: Stampin' Up Dusty Durango and Bermuda Bay, Ranger Old Paper, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress Inks
Accessories: Tattered Angels chipboard frame, Spellbinders Classic Circle Nestabilities, Kaisercraft Aqua Rhinestones, Mark Richards orange rhinestones, Stampin' Up ribbon, seam binding, American Crafts flower brad, paper piecer, needle, thread, book pages, crochet trim, foam adhesive. corner rounder
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

31 comments:

Michele Lourenco said...

Amy,
You are nuts! This card is just beautiful. it should have been submitted. I aboslutely love it!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

This is beautiful. That was a great color combo. My confidence level was pretty low with my creation. BUT this is so nice, too bad you didn't have more time. I love the layers and variety of detail on this card. Really nice.

KOLOROWY ptak said...

amazing card! captivates every detail! very beautiful!

Michelle said...

that's not a color combo I'd normally used but LOVE the results. Guess I need to give it a try. Love the layered sentiment and that awesome bow - fantastic card!

Tammy Hershberger said...

YOU'RE simply amazing, Amy! This is GORGEOUS! LOVE that color combo, and I love the zig-zag stitches on each side, too!

Darlene said...

Simply amazing...enough said!

Wanda Cullen said...

Too bad the deadline passed 'cause this is definitely a winner! Gorgeous colors and love every beautiful detail!

Anonymous said...

Stunning! I love the layers and colors.

Susie said...

Amy, no matter what, you never disappoint your fans. Beautiful card! I can't believe you've ever lost your mojo {laughing}. Before I go, I want to leave you with a link to one of the funniest, most refreshing blogs I've ever read. Once all the little ones are tucked in bed and you have a few moments...check this out http://thepioneerwoman.com/ Make your self a cup of coffee/tea because you won't want to leave. Could I be the only one out here in the blogosphere who hasn't seen this blog?!

Sheree said...

Stunning!!! I love your work! Beautiful colour combo and your bow is.. You need to make a tutorial for that one!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Um. WOW. WOW WOW WOW and WOW! This is amazing, Amy!

Erum Tasneem said...

so gorgeous! LOVE the colours, stamping and the GORGEOUS layers!

Playing with Paper said...

Amy this is so beautiful I love the colors!! I love the layers!

Mackie said...

You are simply amazing! Too bad you didn't submit this card. I'm sure if it had not won, then it would have been an honorable mention!

Beth Norman said...

Another beautiful card. I don't even know where to begin: the distressing, the ribbon, the way you layered. Everything.

Yes, I can relate about the purging. I just got rid of all the stamps and paper I haven't used in the past 2 to 3 years. Of course there is a stamp I am sorry I gave away, but doesn't that always happen?

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Amy, this is so awesome! I love all of the layers and textures in your design. And by the way, it's definitely pub worthy! :)

Dotty Jo said...

Oh Amy, this is beautiful - just love all the layers and textures! Jo x

Luanne said...

Fantabulous...! You would have won that entry, easily! And now, you have inspired me to go clean and purge my stamp room.. Thanks Amy!

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, just love your layering, I can't imagine one of your creations not making it!

lizzy giggs said...

Thank you so much for the inspiration Amy! By all means...clean out the clutter...we don't want your mojo screwed up! That is a totally selfish statement on my part as I want the beautiful cards to keep coming!
lizzy!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is just gorgeous Amy!!!! I wanted to thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog! I have been a long time stalker and follower of your blog and I am so humbled and honored that you like one of creations!

~ Jo ~ said...

Amy this card is beautiful!!!! I am blown away at how beautiful this card is, seriously. Thank you so much for posting it and sharing this with us!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is stunning Amy!

Vickie Z said...

You must be "hard"on yourself.... This is a gorgeous card!!! These colors have been blended wonderfully!!

Leslie Miller said...

Love this earthy color combo and your fabulously creative design! Too bad you missed the deadline, but maybe the deadline is what was getting in your way. If this is what comes out of a messy craft room, I can't wait to see what comes out of your spiffy clean, reorganized space!

Kathy Jones said...

WOWZAS Amy!! Love the way you've built up the sentiment - looks absolutely incredible!! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Amy, this is stunning! I love the rich warm colours you have used here! Fabulous layers!!!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Simply GORGEOUS, Amy! Love everything about it, as I do with all of your amazing creations! :)

Heidi said...

Uh, Amy did you say you were not happy enough to submit it? This is a stunning card, I can't believe you girl!

whoistracy said...

What a gorgeous card! I hope things "slow down" for you soon!!

Lea L. said...

Well, I think this is utterly gorgeous! I absolutely adore the colors, and the stamping is beautiful! I always wonder how you make your distressed edges look so pretty!