Wednesday, February 15, 2012

TCP Tuesday: Get Well Cuppa


This week's TCP challenge, hosted by Julie, is an ABC challenge -- Anything But Card. All the details, plus Julie's crazy adorable treat project, are posted in the TCP Forum on Splitcoast. Can't wait to see all the entries!



With a few different friends ill or just down in the dumps, I've been in a get well mindset. I found a yummy looking package of gourmet chicken noodle soup mix at the grocery store and decided to pretty it up a bit by first putting the ingredients into a glass cracker jar (from Target) and then decorating the jar. The front label is done with stamps from A Cuppa. I colored with Copics, paper pieced the apron with patterns from My Mind's Eye's new On the Bright Side Two 6x6 pad, then trimmed out everything and layered over a paper doily.



I embellished the jar top with layered circles and a rosette made with TCP's Easy Rosettes CutUps die. This sentiment is also from A Cuppa.



Last I tried some raffia around the jar lid and hung a shipping tag printed with the name of the soup on one side and cooking instructions on the other.

Thanks for stopping by!


12 comments:

dpkennedy said...

I love how you took apart the prepackage items and put them in the jar! Very clever! This is just too cute! I think I am getting a cold, sniff, sniff...need my address?

Seriously cute!

wendy said...

super sweet!

Oliwiaen said...

Aaaahhh, to have such a friend ;-)) Love the idea!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is DARLING, Amy!!! Congrats on the new TCP Gig!!! They couldn't have chosen a better designer!!!

Casandra Bennett said...

Awe. Very sweet and so creative!

Alma de la Rosa said...

So awesome! I love how you took something so simple and made it so special.

DottyA Cards & Things said...

This is a lovly idea... Thanks for sharing it with us... I know it will be used by many of us this winter!!!

Jenny said...

Pull in the reins a little Amy!!!! Geesh- no need to bring out the big guns so soon...you're making the rest of us look bad;) LOL! No, seriously, you are a flippin' amazing designer and Alma couldn't have chosen a better gal:):) This project is so sweet, I almost want to get sick!!!

Conniecrafter said...

such a cute idea and very cute image!

Jodi Collins said...

How sweet is this! The perfect little giftie!!

Deborah Anton said...

Ah... Super sweet! Love it!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea!!!