Saturday, August 4, 2012

August SFYTT - Verve



It's rather unbelievable, but here we are at the first Saturday in August already. Jen has a great new Sketch For You To Try and a fabulous sponsor, a very near and dear company to me, Verve Stamps! I can't say enough about Verve. Julee (the owner) is a true gem, and I feel honored and blessed to be on her design team. Verve is gearing up for an amazing Anni-VERVE-sary release at the end of this month. More info about new release spotlights and release parties to come, but for now, let's get sketchy, shall we?

Here's the August sketch:



And here's my take on it:


I needed a sympathy/thinking of you card and chose this wonderful sentiment from Always On My Mind, along with a light and airy combo of colors and patterns from the new Tangerine 6x6 line from The Sweetest Thing collection by My Mind's Eye. I kept embellishments fairly minimal -- a random placement of clear rhinestones, a few dainty paper roses, a couple of die-cut borders and some black and white baker's twine.



Be sure to check out what the rest of the SFYTT Sisters did with this month's sketch:

Jen del Muro with Designer of the Month Peggy McCurry
Amber Hight
Becky Carafa
Carole Burrage **taking a break**
Jen Tapler
Jodi Collins
Kerry Johnson
Megan Lock
Susan Liles
Tracy Schultz



10 comments:

Peggy said...

Gorgeous! Love the rolled edges on the papers!

Becky Carafa said...

This is so beautiful, Amy!

Marisa said...

Full of wonderful Amy and Verve goodness :)

Jen Tapler said...

Absolutely love this Amy! The Baker's Twine and the twinkly rhinestones are the perfect additions. I just love everything you do! (...still patiently waiting for another project life post, btw).

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous as usual my friend!!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Gorgeous!! Love the little roses and the distressing and the twine....just everything!

Unknown said...

Adorable cards! did you worked for Plastic Cards or not?

Dawn Easton said...

Amy, this is beautiful! I just picked up and used this paper on Saturday. It's wonderful! Love all your distressing!
I'm SO excited to hear some new Verve is coming out!!! YEAH!

Angela said...

Very pretty...I love your "shabby" creations, there are always so many elements to admire!

dpkennedy said...

Very pretty!