Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Jillibean Soup Card Kitchen, Part 2

Today I'm sharing the remaining cards I put together with Jillibean Soup's October Card Kitchen kit. To see the first four, click HERE. Visit the Card Kitchen blog for lots more inspiration.

I really, really enjoyed working with this kit! Here's why:

  • The fabulous product, of course!
  • I have a LOT of stuff in my craft room. Hopefully what I'm about to say won't sound negative or ungrateful, but sometimes I believe you can have too much stuff. There are times when I've felt positively claustrophobic in my space and overwhelmed by choice. "Staying in the box," so to speak, the Card Kitchen box, was fun and quite liberating.
  • Most of my crafting is done in my craft room, which is away from my family. I loved the portability of this kit box. I added my tape gun, a paper trimmer, some pop dots, and a handful of basic punches, and that was it. I could hang out with my family wherever they were, while making my cards. A beautiful thing! 

For more info on Jillibean Soup's Card Kitchen kits in general, visit the Card Kitchen website.


 All the little doodads on the sheets of die-cuts and stickers were perfect for my "she loves to layer" style.




The focal point sentiment card is from the Country Pumpkin Bite Size Bits, which is a 12x12 sheet of twelve different sentiments and journaling cards (I have lots of leftovers), and the rolled flowers are hand-cut.




I love the trio of little wooden trees (a Kaisercraft product) that came in the October kit! I used one of them here, along with two other trees that I cut out from the Country Pumpkin - Pumpkin Puree 12x12 sheet.




I thought this would be a unique way to tell someone they're #1. The "you" letters are stickers, and the plaid arrows (photo corners, really) are from the same sticker sheet. More of those cute little trees that I cut out of the 12x12 pattern, too.



Happy Turkey Day! Personally, I'm not really all that fond of Thanksgiving turkey, so yep, that cute little "where's the pie?" sticker works for me!


Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

These are so beautifully designed. Loving your creativity. Wishing you a wonderful Tuesday.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Casandra Bennett said...

Such fun cards! I agree about the turkey! ;)

June Houck said...

beautifully done, Amy! Yep, I love working with kits for the same reason...sometimes I have too many choices. You have done a fabulous job with the card kitchen!!!

Lea L. said...

These are gorgeous, Amy! Loving all the amazing layers and details on each card!

And I am totally with you on being overwhelmed with stuff. I was at that point last week, and just took 6 boxes of product out of my room. I feel so much more inspired now!!

Rachel G said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these cards! So cute!

Unknown said...

I love all these cards! I wish I had all these papers!