Monday, April 11, 2016

Moments Inked Planner: Custom Goal-Tracking Pages

[For my April release countdown post, featuring Splits: Get Well Soon, please click HERE.]




Hello, Monday! Today I have a planner idea to share with you. I've designed some goal-tracking pages for my Moments Inked Planner by Papertrey, Ink. As you'll see, I am using the binder format planner this year, but all of these inserts can be created for the spiral planner as well. You'll just use the spiral version of the full-page die instead of the binder version.

I tend to be an all-or-nothing kind of girl, so when 2016 rolled in, I went all-out with my goal setting, as in pages of notes and plans on my computer. Whenever I could, I used the SMART goal method -- S = specific, M = measurable, A = attainable, R = relevant (or realistic), and T = time-bound. At the end of the year, I want to see the specific things I did to achieve my different goals, instead of just vague more-of-this, less-of-that goals.

A few weeks ago, I was reviewing my progress and saw that I've fallen behind in some areas. I'm hoping the goal-tracking pages I designed for my planner will help keep me on track and motivated.

I looked through my stamps to find some basic geometric shapes that I could use for my page designs. These first two pages both use large outline shapes from Two Toned:


With four large rectangles, this page would be great for anything you want to accomplish quarterly, or anything where you'd want to record a lot of info.



I'm using this page to record family mini-vacations and day trips. With kids in sports year-round, my family has precious few weekends when everyone is free, so our family outings have definitely dwindled over the years. It's still important to me that we make time for these adventures. I'm hoping this visual status report will be a helpful reminder to plan for these trips!




Ink: Aqua Mist, Green Parakeet, Raspberry Fizz, Canyon Clay

Paper: Fresh Snow Linen card stock, True Black Stripe patterned paper






I love the hexagon shape, also in the Two Toned stamp set. Like the rectangles above, these spaces are large enough to fit any details you want to include in your goal-tracking. 



I'm using the hexagon pages to track my book-reading goal. This version is much simpler than my book-reading log from last year!




Ink: Aqua Mist, Green Parakeet, Raspberry Fizz, Canyon Clay

Paper: Fresh Snow Linen card stock, True Black Stripe patterned paper





Next is a page with twelve spaces, perfect for tracking things you want to do once a month.





One of my once-a-month goals is to purge and donate to charity. I love the organizations that pick up my donations right off of my front porch! This would be a great place to add a planner pocket, too, for storing donation receipts until tax time.

(By the way, does it bother you that there are two orange circles right next each other?.... yep, me too!  You know I'm going to have to re-do that whole page, right?)





Ink: Aqua Mist, Green Parakeet, Raspberry Fizz, Canyon Clay

Paper: Fresh Snow Linen card stock, True Black Stripe patterned paper





Next up is a page with twenty small circles (with room for more) to fill in, stamp, add a checkmark to, etc. I didn't find a circle stamp in my collection that was this approximate size, so instead, I used a Cover Plate: Circles die-cut as a stencil.




I'm using this page to track my weight loss goal of 20 pounds for the year. The "you did it" stamp was a happy find in my stamp collection! It's from Retro Style Graduation.




Ink: Green Parakeet, Raspberry Fizz

Paper: Fresh Snow Linen card stock, True Black Stripe patterned paper






This is the same as above, but with one extra row, for 25 circles total. I stamped the insides of these circles with an image from Retro Style Birthday.





I'm using this page to track a lettering practice goal of twice a month. The check-mark is from Moments Inked: Posted.




Ink: Aqua Mist, Green Parakeet, Raspberry Fizz, Canyon Clay

Paper: Fresh Snow Linen card stock, True Black Stripe patterned paper




 I had so much fun making these pages, and can totally see myself with a separate binder just for goals! (Fewer goals would work, too - HA!) It's always surprising, and kind of embarrassing even, how motivated I am by the simple act of checking off a box or filling in a blank space.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope I've given you some ideas for customizing your planner!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are terrific. Just what I need. Visible motivation and proof of achievement - can't beat that!

Message Keeper said...

Love your hexagon book-reading goal!

Melissa Sibert said...

These are great ideas.

Barbara said...

Great idea for the planner. I like the visual reminders.

Unknown said...

Amazing ideas, Amy! I like how specific your goals are. Where may I learn more about SMART goal writing? Thank you so much for sharing such detailed information. Knowing which stamp sets you use is truly helpful. Good luck with your goals!